woensdag 21 augustus 2013

Why?

I started this blog because of my passion for the game of football in general, and more specifically because of my involvement with american football in Belgium over the past few years. Even though I wasn't directly involved with Belgian football during the 2013 season, I was able to get a feel for what it was like by watching game film made available to me by different teams in the FFL. After every weekend of games I waited impatiently for one of the teams to post some video so I could relive the excitement of that day. These videos, combined with Dale Housden's great reporting, allowed me to stay on top of how the league is evolving (slowly, but surely, getting better I think).

The Belgian Football League still has a long way to go, and I'm hoping this blog will help out the league. How? First of all, I believe a centralized location for all game tape will make it easier for coaches and players around the league to study themselves and their opponents. Secondly, even though Belgium is a small country, a lot of fans of the game, friends and families of players and coaches can't/won't travel to away games so this blog hopefully helps them to follow the league. Finally, this blog should become a place for people to look back at games they played in or coached.

 Spending a year abroad, not coaching in Belgium and not being able to watch my brother play, made me appreciate the time I spent in the FFL even more. I hope this will be a nice way to give back to the game that changed me in more ways than one.
If you have any video that you want to share about the league (old/new game film, highlights, promotional videos, team recruitment) please leave a comment or contact me in any other way and I'll make sure to put it up. I will label every post with the goal to make it very easy to find video based on the year, the team, or the type of video.
Please make any suggestions that you think might be useful.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten